During our representation of clients, issues frequently arise regarding wills, trusts, estate planning and probate administration (the court-supervised process of administering the estate of someone who has passed away, although not always required). We work with individuals and other legal professionals on how to transfer property to family members and charitable organizations, including private foundations, by gift and testamentary transfer, using creative, tax-advantaged strategies to achieve their goals. Many of our clients have substantial business or investment interests. We help them to develop sound succession plans to pass such interests on to future generations. We also administer decedent’s and guardianship estates.
Some of the specific areas in which we practice are:
- planning for gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax and fiduciary income tax matters
- preparing wills and trusts and related documents
- forming family foundations and partnerships
- business succession planning
- IRA and pension distribution planning
- asset protection planning
- disputes involving estates and trusts
If you require assistance with estate planning, please contact us.